Sunday, November 17, 2013

Commit to yourself with hoop class pre-registration

As we head into the busy holiday season and ultimately January with renewed interest in personal health and improvement, I wanted to note some requirements for participation in Moxie's hoop classes. It's easy, really. Following the pre-registration rule helps to avoid a number of things, such as no room if we're in the small studio, no hoop for you, or the inconvenience of a locked studio or absent instructor and class cancellation.

So here's the deal. With your pre-registration, you have a hoop to use in class if you need one, I'll be certain to be at the studio, and in the chance I'm hit with a seasonal illness, you receive any notice of class cancellation and rescheduling.

Hoop fitness is a specialty class, and without advance confirmation of attendance, I cannot guarantee a hoop or class availability. In worst case, class may be cancelled and there is no way of notifying someone who has not registered, other than a  public statement on social media. This has resulted in some prospective new hoopers showing up to the studio and becoming confused because I am not there or the door is locked. I apologize and I felt really bad when this happened, as no one wants to waste time and energy. My goal is to meet everyone who wants to come to class, and share what I love. We can make that happen when you sign up under the Hoop Fitness tab.

If I must miss for any reason, you would receive notification and your registration will not be lost -- I will transfer your registration to another class date. I always appreciate notice if you will miss, though I cannot guarantee a transfer of your registration.

December is coming soon, and the current Fall schedule of open dates ends at the close of November. I am offering Sunday classes in December as a package only -- December 1, December 8, and December 15. Registration for Sunday will close November 30. The Tuesday package will be December 3, December 10, and December 17. Registration for Tuesday will close on December 2. Due to the number of holiday events typical on December Fridays, I will not be offering the Friday class during December, but if you wish to schedule a private lesson, please contact me and we can work something out with a date. Please note that when registration closes, it will be removed from the website and you will not be able to add it. If you're interested in joining me for hoop class I'd love to have you... hop on now while it's hot! The schedule can be found on the Hoop Fitness tab.

Also, I am aware that new students might be unsure if this is what they want. I understand and want to make it as easy as possible for you, so if you want to try it once, I will offer a one-time trial class for new students at the single class rate of $9.50. Just send me a note to my email address with your intent to attend class for a trial, and I will add you to the roster. If you must cancel, please do so 24 hours in advance, as no-shows forfeit the trial class.

I try to keep rules to a minimum but some are necessary for the convenience of both student and instructor, and to aid the commitment of the participants. If you came here to seek information, fun and fitness, I am here to help -- it's why I do what I do.

Thanks!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment