Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Learn to hula hoop

As a personal trainer, I recommend a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate activity per day, outside of the things you do to support your life -- working, mowing the lawn, cleaning, running errands, etc. Weight resistance, either from added weights or bodyweight training, should be done several days a week. Walking is great exercise that can be done daily, and don't forget about flexibility during your cool down phase.

It doesn't need to be all "work" though... I advocate play as part of your exercise time. If you've spent enough time on this site, you know that I talk a lot about hula hooping. I'm a certified Hoopnotica instructor in Metro Detroit, and I lead classes in hoopdance. The certified part means that I've been through trainings that provided me with the language and techniques I use to teach students how to keep a hoop moving around their bodies. It's fun, it's effective and it's for you. Intrigued?

Here now, is a quick video that gives you the basics of waist hooping, as led by Hoopnotica's lead Master Trainer, Jacqui Becker. These skills and more are what I teach in my classes in West Bloomfield and Farmington. Check out the Classes tab for days and times!


No comments:

Post a Comment